Technical AdviceWhen ordering your printing online, please ensure that your artwork and design files meet our 'print ready' specifications. This will help us to speed up your order and help avoid any unnecessary additional charges we may have to apply if further design work is needed. All of the following criteria may not apply to your artwork files but please review them carefully before submitting your order for print. If you are unsure of anything, just get in touch and we will be happy to advise you.
- Print-ready files should be supplied as PDF’s, only under special circumstances will JPEG’s, PNG's or any other format be accepted as print ready files.
- When saving as a PDF ensure you select “High Quality Print” preset and also in marks and bleeds
select “Use Document Bleed Settings”.
- Resolution should be at least 300dpi.
- Ensure all images/photos are of high quality / high resolution when viewed at 100% before uploading.
- Ensure file dimensions match the size of your printed product, e.g. A5 – 148 x 210mm.
- You should refer to the dimensions shown in the relevant product specification to ensure your file dimensions match. (eg : Our standard business cards are 85mm x 55mm).
- Include a surrounding trim/bleed area of 3 mm. Important information should be at least 5mm from the edge of the final cut size of your print.
- Fonts must be completely outlined to ensure they are not substituted in any subsequent re-saving of files.
- Please set your colour mode to CMYK.
- Colour application should not exceed 300%.
- We will not check for spelling and/or typographical errors so ensure that you have spell checked and proof read your documents thoroughly before sending to print.
- We will not check for overprint settings.
- Create consecutive single pages in a PDF document.
- In a PDF file, special colours must also be specified as special colours.
- Lines need to be at least 3 points (1.06 mm) wide.
- Font size min. 14 pt. – the thinnest line must have a width of at least 1 mm.
Files for Graphic Design service:
|Size||Width (mm)||Height (mm)||Area (m2)|
Table of Envelope Sizes
|Size||Width (mm)||Height (mm)|
If you have any questions on uploading or creating your files just contact us and we will be happy to help and advise.